Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Logo and Brand Development for Heritage Association


This is a screen shot of my illustrator document.

I had to create a 'new' logo but still reference the old logo which used the font Harrington. The non-profit group PHA has several metal plaques with their old logo already affixed the homes of their Heritage Award winners.

When branding it is easy to get caught up in the details of the design. For me designing a logo can be like a logic puzzle, sometimes it even feels like a very left brained task.

I found that things started to take shape after I visited some of the historic Victorian homes owned by the members of this group.  The photograph is of the interior parlor of one of the homes, by working on top of the photo it is like I am immersed in the concept.




No comments:

Post a Comment